All Head and Assistant Coaches* are required to complete the following, according to US Lacrosse standards.
1. Current US Lacrosse Membership
2. NCSI "Green Light" background check status
3. Level 1 "Fundamentals of Coaching" Online Course
4. Level 1 Instructional (on-field) Course
5. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) "Double Goal Coach 1: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons" Online Course
6. "How to Make Proper Contact" Online Course
To Maintain Coaching Status, the Following Must be Met:
Yearly Renewal of US Lacrosse Membership
NCSI Background Check Renewal Every 2 Years
All course completion certificates and a copy of "Green Light" background check must be sent to VP Casey Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salem Youth Lacrosse Association will reimburse coaches for fees associated with obtaining and maintaining their active coach status. Send all receipts to
PO Box 1075
Salem, NH 03079
Or scan and email to Treasurer for reimbursement.
*Assistant 8U (Grades 1-2) Coaches are not required to complete the Level 1 Course but must have an active US Lacrosse Membership and Background Check.